quarta-feira, 5 de março de 2008

AROS readable docs

Again my thoughts go to AROS document reading capability...
As I've read the AROS-EXEC thread Port TeX I was reminded a subject present with AROS manuals, the only format that is readable is not supported in AROS (PDF).
A good form of support would be a PDF datatype, but unfortunately that would require to rewrite the all datatype library from scratch (not to mention the datatype itself) - but I'm getting away from the subject.

In fact the manuals themselves are not written in any AROS app - until recently there wasn't even TeX, let alone any Word processing or similar type tool.

I've already dwell ed with AmigaGuide, but although they can offer some form of shell documentation or help online, it's not what I had in mind for the AROS USER MANUALS.

At this stage it might not be very important since most people run AROS in hosted systems. But to be self sufficient the AROS has to encounter some modern days common apps. And not just for the manuals, but in a increasingly manner every technical resource is being made available through PDF type files.

As for AROS manuals - hmmm... I will go on trying other forms.

Sem comentários: