sexta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2009

The tale of the turtle and the rabbit...

Recently, someone nagged me about the AROS User Manuals and getting the Portuguese Locale translation corrected and up to speed on AROS...

There are two reasons for this:
1. I just don't have the time! Work is more pressing and my personal life is a bit more demanding - first I was sick, then it was my wife, now is my son... So it's pretty obvious that I lack time.

2. Well I've been making a few head notes, but AROS is just getting to many development these days and I'll have to wait for it become more established (not like final or v1.00 or such). And I'm not talking about the browser bounty... Impressive stuff but it might not make into AROS User Manuals in the next version (Networking essentials are more important anyway)...
Native installation, hardware support and USB mass storage is probably the most notable subjects that might spring into mind, but there's one more complicated - the default icons.

If you have read my manual you've noticed that I've tried to capture the feeling of AROS looks onto the manual. Naturally if you change the Icons in AROS I will have to capture more screnshots again and make the design of the manual resemble the AROS default look.

I'm not complaining - if AROS gets Ken Lester iconset good for it! I will have to study the needed changes to AROS USER MANUALS that's all I guess... For now I'll just wait!

And as for the Portuguese Locale tnaslation - I'll be doing on AROS directly soon... ;)

Sem comentários: