terça-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2007

AROS Documentation

One thing that striked me when downloaded the Night Build in October 2007 was that although AROS seemed pretty advanced since my AROS-MAX last boot in 2004, there were very little documented features.

And having the documentation in html was always a bit offside to me (a real paper freak - i'm afraid).

So I began the quest to produce a more updated documentation, that was useful and enjoyable to read. I searched for my A4000 manuals, but quickly decided that they were not much help in most terms.
I remeber V1.3 manuals to be enjoyable and complete in user terms (and that was it), but the V 3.0 weren't. Also by today standards what would be a reasonable layout design was not very appealing to the general user.

Some decisions were made regarding initial layout design - took a couple ideas from my HP95-LX manual, as well from some technical reports that i made earlier.

I've decided to separate the documentation in three manuals:
- AROS User Manual
- AROS Shell Manual
- AROS Installation Manual

That will make my life easier updating all the revisions and new features. Also the Shell manual should reach version 0.99 earlier than the others.
Still awaiting for SVN access so i can also try update the HTML ones.

And last but not least i would like to express my congrats to the AROS documentation team:
Stefan Rieken, Matt Parsons, Adam Chodorowski, Sergey Mineychev, Matthias Rustler, Neil Cafferkey. (I hope i didn't forgot anyone!)

Sem comentários: