segunda-feira, 6 de junho de 2011

Kitty gets her driving license!


First I would like to apologize for not updating my blog, I know there's been a lot of things going on regarding the AROS front both internally, cosmetically and apps...
Last week there was the lauch of IcAROS 1.3, which I strongly recommend you to grab it if you're a first time to AROS.

But I won't be posting nothing regarding those subjects - That would require a much more larger and elaborate post. So I'll continue to focus on Kitty at the moment.



And more specifically about the 3D model of AROS Kitty in a kart for the SuperTuxKart!
For those who don't know SuperTuxKart is a bit like Super Mario Kart, but in open-source form with the mascots of the various open source OS distros ( mainly linux and bsd distros) as the selectable characters/karts.

Interestingly enough AmigaOS4 had it's own kart recently... But not AROS (wich is as Open-source and has a port of SuperTuxKart although version 0.62 if I'm not mistaken).

I already had bugged a lot of people regarding the use of Kitty (firstly mentioned as far as the beginning of 2011 - and not by me) for a SuperTuxKart - I believe it's top PR!
People had discussed ideas, made sketches, like Saimon work here:



But it was tommywhright that actually took on the job (grabbing my suggestion) and starting the work on blender:



Well the goods have been delivered by tommywright, and here's the final product:



I guessKitty will soon leave some tire marks on the opposition! In a number of ways!!...

So how about a round of applause for the man!?!
Wonderful work, tommywright - just wonderful!

P.S.: This just serves to prove my point regarding AROS mascot as good PR and not something strange and perverted as some sick minds try to imply!

P.S.2: Maybe someone will take the Manga type Kitty (by A. Thelier) and use it in some AROS distro as well - ;)

Sem comentários: